Golden Gate Guards Fetish & BDSM Club
Who are the Golden Gate Guards?
The Golden Gate Guards is a leather-Levi’s, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, open to both men and women, that serves the San Francisco Bay Area. Our purpose is to:
- Have fun!
- Promote fellowship, camaraderie and social interaction among people in the alternative-lifestyle communities
- Host safe, sane, and enjoyable events for those with an interest in leather, Levi’s, motorcycles and uniforms
- Provide education and opportunities for newcomers to learn about various alternative-lifestyles, leather, Levi’s, motorcycles and uniforms
- Raise money for selected other non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
A Brief History
Originally founded in 1976 as the Imperial Guards of San Francisco, the club served as an unofficial liaison between the Imperial Courts and the Leather-Levi’s community. Pictured to the right are the Imperial Guards at the 1981 Coronation. In late 1986, with the courts’ blessing, we became an independent organization known as the Golden Gate Guards.
Our overlay pays tribute to our beginnings with both the year (1976) and the Imperial Crown. The year 1987 and the phoenix represents the beginning of the GGG.
In 2001, the Golden Gate Guards became a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization recognized by both the IRS and the State of California.
Here is a summary of the events we host throughout the year. For all the details — including our “Events Calendar” — visit the “Events” section of our website.
- Golden Dildeaux Awards in April. This hilarious event is the only awards program for sex in the world! It is also a unique fund-raiser with the proceeds going to the Positive Resource Center’s Emergency Financial Assistance program (formerly the AIDS Emergency Fund).
- Springtime in Yosemite National Park in May. This weekend run takes advantage of the natural beauty of Yosemite National Park and it’s proximity to the SF Bay Area. It is open to everyone and is a great motorcycle run for both beginners and experienced riders.
- Leather Cruise on San Francisco Bay the Saturday evening before Folsom Street Fair. This is a fun and exciting way to meet members of the leather community and enjoy a great cruise on San Francisco Bay.
- Annual Weekend Adventure in the Summer or Fall. Each year a different location is chosen for a relaxing weekend with friends. This is another excellent opportunity to learn about and meet people from various alternative lifestyles in a supportive and enjoyable environment.
- Annual Anniversary Party in November. We enjoy celebrating each year’s accomplishments with an anniversary party. We also make contributions to our selected beneficiaries for the year at this event.
- Periodic Sunday afternoon beverage benefits to raise funds for our beneficiaries and have fun socializing with our members, friends, and meet others. We are firm believers in face-to-face activities in addition to the ubiquitous Internet.
- Monthly President’s event (dining out, movie night, bowling night, miniture golf, etc). Again more opportunities for socializing and learning from others about alternative lifestyles.
Membership – Joining The Golden Gate Guards
If you are at least twenty one years of age and are interested in joining or learning more about the Golden Gate Guards, you are invited to attend the open portion of any of our monthly business meetings. They are normally held on the first Monday of each month or you may join us at any of our public events. To confirm the location, date and time of our next meeting or event, please check out our “Events Calendar”. You may also contact us at any time by one of the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section in the above menu.
We have 2 types of membership in the GGG:
- Active membership is for those individuals who can devote more time and energy to the organization. Active members:
- have voting privileges
- may hold elected offices such as President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Road Captain
- attend monthly business meetings
- participate in Golden Gate Guard events on a regular basis
- may wear large club backpatch on their leather vest overlay
- must purchase and wear dress uniform to events as specified by the Road Captain as shown in the picture.
- must be sponsored by two active members and go through a pledge period extending across 3 consecutive monthly business meetings (roughly 60 days)
- Associate membership is for those individuals who are unable to devote as much time or energy to the organization, or those who live a greater distance from the San Francisco Bay Area, but still want to be a member. Associate members:
- may attend business meetings, contribute to discussions, but may not vote
- may hold appointed office such as SFBALA Director
- participate in approximately half of the Golden Gate Guard events if reside locally
- participate in at least one GGG major event during the year if reside outside the San Francisco Bay Area
- may purchase and wear dress uniform to events
- must be sponsored by two active members and go through a pledge periods extending across 2 consecutive monthly business meetings (roughly 30 days)